13 May 2014

Victory over the Vermin



This is the crack 
in my concrete yard
Where the rat breathed his last.


This is the dog
Who cornered the rat
Who breathed his last 
In a concrete crack in my yard.


This is the boy
Who found the "cat"
(Who was really a rat)
Who got trapped by the dog
And breathed his last 
In a concrete crack in my yard.

...he signed cat and said "mow!" all morning...sigh.


These are the tools 
The brave mama used
To get rid of the "cat"
(Who was really a rat)
Who got trapped by the dog
And breathed his last
In a concrete crack in my yard.

And before you think me cruel and heartless, I *tried* to block his entry into my yard. See?


I was super proud of Nessie, who in general has a very Swiss attitude toward other creatures in the yard...until I found out my neighbor had set out poison the night before. I still choose to think she had a hand--er, paw--in the matter. 

Anyway, I wash my hands of the whole thing.


Literally.

2 comments:

  1. What IS the sign for rat, anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/r/rat.htm

    ReplyDelete