20 June 2012

Oswald nailed it

I couldn't not share this quotation:

People do not really want to be devoted to Jesus, but only to the cause He started. Jesus Christ is deeply offensive to the educated minds of today, to those who only want Him to be their Friend, and who are unwilling to accept Him in any other way. Our Lord’s primary obedience was to the will of His Father, not to the needs of people— the saving of people was the natural outcome of His obedience to the Father. If I am devoted solely to the cause of humanity, I will soon be exhausted and come to the point where my love will waver and stumble. But if I love Jesus Christ personally and passionately, I can serve humanity, even though people may treat me like a “doormat.”
Oswald Chambers

I find this energizing, on a day when I needed to hear it; my love was waning. It's been a doormat kind of week.

Does this hit you where you live? 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Christine! It was just what I needed to hear as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Zack Loving. I am a LeTourneau Univ missions aviation student. I just happened to meet David's mom yesterday on a flight from Dallas to Portland. I was with a team from the school on our way to Alaska to work with Kingdom Air Corps. When I told her where we were headed she told me that her son was an MAF pilot. I thought that was a pretty cool turn of events! Anyway, what you guys are doing is great and my wife and I are headed to the field soon (I hope). I graduate in December then will have to work for a while. Thanks for your service to the Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zack! Great to hear from you--how funny that you and Kathy crossed paths! Hope you guys can make it to the field soon...don't lose heart. All that hard work is worth it. We had to work and get experience for a while, too, but we made it, by God's grace.

    ReplyDelete