24 September 2011

Moving Day

It's 5:22 AM, and I don't know why I'm blogging. The Hurricane is still asleep, or I'm sure we'd be madly throwing food into coolers and taking apart the bed. We were up pretty late last night (okay, so it was like 10:30. That's late for me), so I'm glad he's still sleeping. When I woke up at 4:30, he woke up momentarily.

When I woke up at 4:30, there was a crescent moon framed in my window, with an echo, because the windows overlapped. I got up to look out, and the neighborhood was dark. Just a tropical forest's silhouette against the breaking dawn. Not a streetlight, not a headlight, not a security light to be seen.

As the sun came up, I took a moment to say goodbye to the house. The roosters were crowing (which just means they're not dead), and my dogs stayed fast asleep.

I still don't know why I'm blogging when they are pictures to be taken off the walls...but thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment