09 June 2011

Thankful Thursday


*Yesterday, J from church gave me a ride to and from English class, because there weren’t any cars available. He was on his way to stay with his mother-in-law, because the bridge to his house washed out in the heavy rains we had Monday night. He had to jump the neighbor’s wall to get out. I’m thankful he and his family are okay.

*I’m thankful for the new blueing that I got from Lehman’s. How something blue can make something white turn whiter is still a mystery, but I’m not complaining. (As a child, I had the same question about the blood of Christ.) I’m also thankful that the sun is out today, so that my newly-whitened laundry will actually dry.

*I’m thankful I got to go to Jayden’s birthday party on Tuesday. It’s such fun to be part of the lives of our MAF kids, especially with my own nephews far, far away.

*I’m thankful for devotionals that make me think. Right now, I’m reading one called Craving God, and it’s challenging some of my attitudes about food and entitlement. Not always a comfortable place to be, but a good one.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for 100% of our support... for having sold our car this week... for our initial Canadian visa paperwork being approved... and for the fact that I get to celebrate Benjamin's first birthday next week! :)

    ReplyDelete