29 September 2008

Kindergarten Math and the /k/ sound

I subbed for kindergarten the whole day today...oh man. I love stickers. I think a kindergartener would cut off their right hand with safety scissors for a sticker. I bought a pack of several hundred for a dollar, and it was the best investment I ever made.

What day is it today?
September.

What comes after 18?
77
28

What starts with a /k/ sound?
Cake (fair guess...except I told them right up front that cake didn't.)
Crocodile (closer)
Chair (...umm...)
Guess (what?)

To be fair, they did come up with some good ones:
Karate
Kayak
Kite
Key
Kid
Kick

1 comment:

  1. Christine,

    I think stickers are a good investment for any teacher at any age. You would be surprised at what high schoolers would do for stickers too (although they are not as cute.).

    Love,
    Jamie and Daniel (and John)0

    ReplyDelete