12 August 2008

Our Second Day

For a change of pace, I will start at the end, for that was a highlight of our day. We had dinner with some dear friends from Moody who are also at MAF, the Konops, and it was so good to hear what God is doing in their lives. It's so important in all kinds of adventures, I think, to remember that there are people ahead of you and behind you--and that this phase will also pass, eventually. We've also gotten to see our friends the Underhills, who were also with us at Moody, who had some encouraging words for us.

David worked on a magneto inspection today, and also did part of his oral test about Cessna 206's, a plane that's often used on the field. For those who don't know (and really, who would?), a magneto is part of an airplane that gives spark to the spark plugs. As with yesterday, they really don't tell you how you're doing, but he still thinks he's doing okay. His words: "I don't know how I am doing. I don't think it's bad, but I don't know." Reassuring, eh?

Tomorrow, he'll work on sheet metal--please pray for him, as this is an area he's struggled with in the past.

As for my activities, I finished up the airplanes before lunch and moved on to packet-making and data checking. I'm just glad to be useful, and staying busy keeps me from worrying.

We love you--thanks for supporting us.

2 comments:

  1. FWIW, *I* knew about the Magneto. He's the bad guy in the X-Men series, right? ;-)

    Anyway, we will pray for Mr. Sheet Metal, a superhero that's married to another superhero: The Airplane Flyer Stapler.

    Love, Dad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and pray that everything goes smoothly. Yeah for a good first two days!

    ReplyDelete