17 July 2008

Health Update

Well, as some know, I had my CT scan a while back and it showed that I had some inflammation in my colon. They decided to have me do a colonoscopy...now that was an interesting experience. Let me just say this: while I am glad that my body is working most of the time, this process has helped me relate to a verse I was reading last night:

Mark 5:25-28
And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.


The good news is that my colonoscopy results were normal. While this is good, it's not entirely what we'd hoped for...it's somewhat perplexing. It may well be that God has healed me, as I (and many others) have prayed for, or it may be that they missed something, or it may be that my problems aren't in my colon at all. I do feel relieved that I don't have cancer, but I'm still sort of waiting to be happy until I see if my symptoms come back.

So thanks for your prayers--God's doing something, so we'll keep you posted on what it is when we figure it out. :)

Love,

Christine

P.S. Less than 30 days to TE!! Woo-hoo! Thanks for prayers for David's study and such.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that your colonoscopy found nothing wrong and will continue to pray that your symptoms do not come back! Thanks for the update. Daniel and I were praying for you at 12ish your time today.

    ReplyDelete